Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Isaac's birthday

Yesterday was Isaac's birthday. His boss and department director took him out to lunch. I sent him cookies and milk and a balloon through a company I found online. Anyways Isaac said he very much enjoyed the gift I sent him at work. During the day I was busy making homemade mole enchiladas and a cake for him. I've only done this enchiladas once and that was over a year ago. I forgot how time consuming it was to make this meal.
Well we invited a couple from our new ward to join us for dinner. By the time Isaac arrived we had like 15-20 minutes before they arrived. I was still straining the mole sauce and Isaac finished cleaning and setting the dining table.
The dinner was delicious, worth all the time and effort. The cake was not too good. I forgot to take out the whipping cream from the freezer, needless to say next year I will bake the cake first time in the morning. I had a great day with my wonderful husband, look forward to many more birthdays to celebrate with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment